10 THINGS I LIKE/EXPERIENCED AT BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY






First in my list, the quality of education – Benguet State University is a Premier University in the Cordillera Region that can boasts a historic humble beginning that transformed into a premier higher education institution. This University is one of the few that attained a LEVEL IV status in its accreditation. It is also a home to various Center of Excellence (COE) and Center of Development (COD) programs such as Agriculture, Education and Nursing. 


Second, it is affordable. The University is a good choice to pursue advanced professional studies because bringing the quality education is always a priority yet the cost is minimal. Comparing to other schools, the cost of education in BSU is affordable that it can welcome any aspiring students. 


Third, the enrolment procedure is systematic. When I enrolled it only took me less than an hour to complete the whole process. My identification card was released on the same day. 




Next in my list, it has an Open University. I choose BSU to pursue my master’s degree because of the good record of its Open University. The Open University offers programs through Open and Distance mode, a perfect way for like me who has a regular work load who wants to advanced professional studies. 




The Environment - in BSU you can a see a lot of trees and plants. This makes the learning more relaxing and fun. It can also be a manifestation of the University’s advocacy on sustainable development. 


Accessible – Coming from Baguio City it will only take one ride (either taxi or jeep) to reach the University. Although traffic maybe a problem along the way but upon entering the University premises to learn new things  I think it’s worth the wait.  


Promotes the Cordillera Culture – although the University has students coming from different places with unique culture of their own, BSU make it a point to always promote the unique culture and traditions of the Cordillera people and how these were practiced over time.  In some classes, they incorporates in the discussion the Cordillera identity. 




Orderly – Although the environment is new to me but every time I am in the premise of the University I always feel secure. People around are very accommodating, and some managed to smile for greetings. 




In BSU, I was able to meet new people – whom I can learn new things that will be helpful in my journey to advance my knowledge in different fields especially in development communication.  




The cold weather in the Cordilleras will always be a favourite consideration among students who choose to study in schools in the region. The weather adds up something special in the whole experience of studying in Benguet State University. It makes our classes more comfortable as well as side trips after class.








Comments

  1. we must find time to see Benguet's Adivay Festival, sayang naman chances natin na pumupunta sa La Trinidad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Analysis of Sta. Catalina, Ilocos Sur

Vigan’s Binatbatan street dancing

Shared Culture: A tupig of Ilocos in Isabela